Teaching Portfolio Workshop Schedule May-Term 2007
Goals of the workshops:
· Help instructors coming up for promotion prepare concise and accurate portfolios for promotion and tenure decisions in a format consistent with JPC guidelines.
· Introduce new instructors to a variety of teaching and assessment methods so that they can begin to collect information for their portfolio in advance.
· Develop portfolios with high quality content that can be placed into the new e-portfolios. This will give the campus several good examples in multiple disciplines for other instructors to follow
To register and for additional information contact Scott Cooper, email@example.com
Wednesday May 16th first meeting, 10-12 am in 217 Wimberly.
· Meet to discuss what goes into a teaching portfolio, different reasons to write a teaching portfolio, JPC guidelines and restrictions, effective use of hyperlinks to accessory materials, and measures of effective teaching. Meeting will be in computer classroom with access to example portfolios. Instructors are broken into groups, each led by one of the team leaders. Participants spend a few days writing an outline of their portfolio, and identify what additional data they need to collect in the future.
Monday May 21st, drafts are circulated electronically. Teams pick sometime that week to meet and discuss drafts.
· Team leaders and other instructors peer review the portfolio outlines and data to be collected and the teams meet to discuss each draft individually. Instructors then make revisions based upon the feedback and mentoring.
E-portfolio Website https://www.digitalmeasures.com/login/uwlax/faculty/